The COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent lockdowns drastically changed young people’s lives, namely their access to education opportunities. This period also showed the importance of technological and digital skills for youth workers that want to reach and work with the youngsters. They need to be creative and implement engaging lessons/activities which are able to catch young people’s attention and keep their interest and motivation high. The artistic methodologies in education stimulate creativity and bring mindfulness, as well as bringing positive and optimistic vibes. All these elements can increase the motivation of the youngsters to accept the challenges related to the pandemic’s stressful context. Thus, a combination of non-formal education, visual arts and digitalization can be the answer to these youth workers’ needs. Nevertheless, educators also need to be trained on how to adapt those artistic tools to the new digital frame in order to develop quality education.
24 months, starting from 01.03.2021 unt il 28.02.2023
MAIN GOAL & OBJECTIVES
Over a period of 24 months, 3 partner organizations, from Romania, Spain and Greece, will cooperate to empower 120 youth workers, affected by the pandemic consequences, to develop a quality non-formal learning process using visual artistic tools in a digital frame, mainly targeting young people with fewer opportunities.
O1 – to empower 90 youth workers and educators supporting them to gain better quality professional competencies using visual artistic methodologies in their online youth work and
training and educative actions
O2 – to develop to 120 youth workers and educators intercultural socio-cultural and civic competencies by cooperating to the design on line resources (one training course design and
an educational platform).
O3 – to empower 90 youth workers and educators to develop quality educational products and process using digital competencies based on visual artistic methodologies
The 120 BENEFICIARIES, mainly youth workers with fewer opportunities, will be divided in:
Group nr. 1 that will include a total of 27 experts, 9 in the field of visual arts, 9 in that of graphic arts and 9 I.T. and digital communication specialists.
A.C.T.O.R. will select the visual artists, Hellenic Youth Participation the graphic artists and Mille Cunti the digital and I.T. experts.
These 27 participants will join three seminars at the beginning of the project (C1-3), and they will collaborate on the design and the creation of an online platform. The platform, created by youth workers for youth workers, aims to give to the educators’ new tools, inputs and suggestions on how to use arts and creativity in a new digital era.
Group nr. 2 will include other 90 youth workers, 30 from each organization, who will be trained on how to use the new platform and will give feedback on its practicality, contents, accessibility and the overall design.
TC DESIGN for visual arts & digitalization of the non formal and formal education
In the 3 seminars and in 6 months of online cooperation a team having non-formal education, IT and visual arts professionals will develop the training design to be easy and fast accessible to the main target group of this project. They will have to analyze and find the right methodology that can be applied using and building in parallel the main visual elements of the online platform.
EDUCATIONAL PLATFORM to support online education using artistic visual tools and methods
The platform content and functionality has to be easy to handle targeting the most common needs of the educators facing blockages in understanding the creation and use of visual artistic content of an educational nature
The competencies targeted by BE are in the direction of increasing the participants’ interest for assimilating the methodologies specific to non-formal education. In the same time the main priority is to adapt the classic non formal skills and competencies to the digital limitations, through the visually artistic way of transferring information, stimulating and challenging in the specific way the essential reflexive process towards learning.
So, all the professional competencies targeted for 90 youth workers and different categories of educators will have a specific direction for the online limitations and are the following:
- Selecting, adapting or creating appropriate methods
- Supporting learners in identifying and meeting their needs and overcoming barriers
- Identifying learning objectives and pursuing them proactively
- Developing an educational approach based on the principles and values of non-formal learning
- Integrating ICT, e-learning and other tools and methods into the educational activity
- Designing an evaluation process and impact assessment
- Choose and designing appropriate methods for collecting, interpreting and disseminating information
- Transferring values or knowledge related to the activity to learners
- Understanding and facilitating individual and group learning process
- Cooperating successfully in teams
- Designing educational programs
- Reflecting and using diverse methods and way to increase self-awareness
- Supporting learners in developing critical thinking
- Promoting creativity, problem solving and “out of the boxes” thinking
- Stimulating active participation and motivating and empowering learners
For the seminar and the all 6 months of online cooperation the 27 participants will gain in addition more competitions and skills developed in the process of intercultural cooperation, essential for the quality development of the proposed tangible results.
- Identifying and providing appropriate resources to support individual learning
- Encouraging and involving other teams
- Learning with and from others
- Managing disagreement constructively
- Being aware of the team process and how they affect the team’s effectiveness
- Connecting youth policies and programmes
The project will use mainly techniques of non-formal education in the field of visual and graphic arts. A large part of BE can potentially be carried out online, and almost all the preparatory, dissemination activities and the preparation of the platform will be conducted online.